We are Ji-Young’s guardian angel!
A friend of Ki-young’s, named Ji-yoon, has PDD-NOS just like Ki-young. At school where Ji-yoon goes to, some children call themselves “guardian angels” and make a circle around Ji-yoon and take her home after school. As this heartwarming situations continued, kids who were rude to Ji-Yoon came to respect her, be nice to her, and help her willingly at school. This is a result of their parent’s constant teaching of how they should treat children like Ji-yoon. Although this book may be simple, the reason for writing this book lies here. I strongly hope there will be more nice children like those in this story, so that children with PDD can “grow up together” with other friends.
[Ki Young and His friends with PDD]
2. Behaviors of friends with PDD
(1) Ki young want to play with friends
(2) Did you talk with your friends at school today?
(3) Don't mind what other people think of him
(4) Ki young learned numbers as soon as I could read
(5) It's fun for Ki young to learn and memorize numbers
(6) Ki young climbed apartments stairs a thousand times
(7) Ki young can tell whether a subway train is old or new based on its sound
(8) Ki young rode the subway train everywhere until he would get tired
(9) We don't play with strange person like you
(10) (It's ok if mom is concerned) If mom dies a new mom can come.
I wonder who my new mom will be
(11) Ki young is afraid of phones
(12) Memorizing numbers that don't end
(13) Is Ki-Young language deficient?
(14) Don't make fun of Ki-Young!
(15) That seat is always mine
(16) Yu-Ji believes everything her friends say
(17) Ki young doesn't respond even when someone calls him nearby
(18) Ki young ran around naked during the summer until he was 4
(19) Some PDD friends can't control their anger
(20) We are Ji-Young's guardian angel!
(21) Ji-Young is afraid of the playground and outside
(22) Ki young repeats the same words over and over
(23) Ki young might be mute and stupid
(24) Ki young's athletic ability isn't good
(25) When Ki young invites friends over, they only play by themselves
(26) Ki young speaks in high tone
(27) When diagnosed PPD-NOS
(28) Yu-ji repeated same words over and over for 6 months
(29) Yu-ji shows strong interests only in what she is interested in
(30) Ki young doesn't like rough words - The motive for this book