The book follows the whole lecturing process from its start to the end and divides the contents according to the ABC model for readers to easily remember each process.
In the intro, an active opening needs to be performed and followed by team-building to break the ice between learners while facilitating networking. Second in the actual lecture delivery, instead of simple one-way delivery, multiple aspects should be delivered in a balanced way for learners to concentrate more intensively and remember more efficiently. Lastly in the closing stage, the whole lecture contents should be reviewed and strategies to improve learners’ practice need to be exercised.
The priority of this book is to help lecturers follow easily and quickly. All of the activities presented in this book are those actually much enjoyed by participants. Readers are expected to take the ready-to-practice skills herein to improve own lecture skills.
[30 Facilitation Skills for Your Lecture]
1. Active Opening & Team-Building Strategy
1) Encourage involvement by asking questions
2) Express my mind via photographs
3) How make a nameplate of my own
5) 5 questioning skills to check participants’ expectation
6) Spot assessment skill to diagnose participants’ competency
7) 5 skills for team building
8) 5 skills to select a team leader
9) Learning partner cooperation skills
10) 5 skills to save waste of time
11) Team building game I. Consensus building game
12) Team building game II. Monopoly
13) Team building game III. Teamwork game
14) Team building game IV. Egg escape game
15) Team building game V. Stalker game
16) Team building game VI. Chopstick game
17) Team building game VII. Marshmallow tower building
18) Team building game VIII. Best moment of my life
19) Inclusive networking strategy to leave no one behind
2. Balanced Learning
20) How to stimulate our five senses
21) 5 skills to use music strategically
22) Preview strategy I. Find distinctive characteristic game
23) Preview strategy II. Hide and seek game
24) How to make my own model
25) Survival of the fittest! Give no choice but to write down
26) Review strategy I. how to connect yesterday with today
27) Review strategy II. Pictograms to stimulate right brane
28) Closing strategy I. How to improve team competitiveness
29) Closing strategy II. Hot Potato
30) Closing strategy III. Use mindmap
4. Project to graduate from the beginner lecturer stage _ STAR Project
1. Searching of Meaning.
2. Targeting based on Strength.
3. Assessment of Competency.
4. Right now! Just do it!